Friday, September 9, 2011

Reflections of Meeting Ascelpius

The Greeks Called Asclepius the wise healer who resides within each of us.  Preparing The Ground one recalls a wise person and feel their presence.  Taking time to reflect on this person was one that was very painful for me.  My father was that wise person.  Ever quite but had the wisdom, happiness, love, that was shown to me.  His wisdom taught me to be who I am and as I reflected on him tears of pain from his leaving me on this earth overflowed my heart and mind.  My father the wise healer is the person that the book, Integral Health, The Path to Human Flourishing on page 57, has one do to meet Ascelpius. 

The heart of this wise person, my fathe bathed me in kindness, love, and compassion, I could feel him touch me as he dissolved into the bright white light. 

Sometimes meeting Ascelepius can cause tears of pain of loss but bring on the feeling of being together in spirit.

4 comments:

  1. Hello,

    I am so sorry for your loss. I could not imagine the pain that goes along with losing a parent. I have began to explore my ideas on what happens after life, and the bottom line is, we end up in the most beautiful place, and truly experience flourishing. That is my perspective.

    I loved the reading about meeting Ascelepius! I especially loved the fact that after we imagine who Ascelpius is to us, we become them, because we truly are Ascelepius. We are wise beyond our knowledge.

    Amanda Franco

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I have tears in my eyes from reading your experience. It is okay to miss those we love that have passed on, because they are always with us in spirit. I am sure your father would not want you to feel pain. Did you feel the power from the light, and did you feel his wisdom that entered you as you became your vision?
    After reading your story I simply had to perform this exercise, but I focused on my husband, who passed on a few years ago. He was an extraordinary healer, and I wanted desperately to feel his wisdom. It was so easy to equate him with Aesclepius. When I allowed the light to penetrate me, I felt amazingly energized and empowered. Contrary to your experience, I did not feel his touch as the bright light dissipated, but it was none-the less an amazing feeling. It was especially amazing to recognize that after meeting Aesclepius, it was really my inner spirit. I hope that you are able to accept yourself as your own healer as well. Yes, I was sad because my husband is gone, and so is my mother and father, and even my stepmother. I will try meeting Aesclepius with each of them guiding the way. You are right that it was painful, but feeling the joy of that light entering my soul made me feel connected to him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda (Keeping Your Head Above Water) needs to "hear" your post. If you have time maybe you can read her blog.
    I am so glad to hear about men who had such inspiring relationships with their daughters. That is so important for us girls and important for men to see that example.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheryl told me I needed to read your blog, so here I am although thanks to my internet I am a day late in getting here.

    Your experience really tugged at my heart. I too lost my dad and everyday I miss him. He was extremely close to my son, and my son considered him to be his dad as well. (His own father, my ex, was not very nice to us). I did not try the exercise but I will after reading these posts. I am very receptive to the spirit world, having had "visits" from my mom and my grandparents, but I am still waiting to "see" my dad again.

    I have a friend who is a psychic medium and she gave me an exercise to envision my spirit guide some years ago. Just before waking the next morning I had a flash of a Japanese fisherman, and the funniest thing is that I heard the name "Harry". I know no one of this name, and I thought it not a fitting name. But I do believe that I momentarily met my guide, who is very often someone we did not know in this lifetime. I am very curious now to see who will come through as my inner healer, and I only hope to have the amazing experience that you did.

    ReplyDelete